Saturday, December 16, 2006

Socks and Beta Blows

So I thought I would switch to the new Blogger Beta because, well, what the hell? Everytime I log on to Blogger I was prompted to switch. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to spend hours playing with HTML and templates. I wish I had continued to listen to myself. As you can see things have changed here. Some for the better (color) and some for the worse (links, sidebar items, and just about everything else). Just when I thought I got the basics of HTML and CSS down, Blogger Beta has changed how it does things "to make it simple". Ha! I can't figure out for the life of me how to get my links back up with their buttons, not to mention how to get rid of the green bar across the top of my title header. So over the next week or so I hope to get these things squared away and have the original links and other items back up. If you don't see them, it means I am still struggling.

I finally have a pair of knitted socks that fit me perfectly! The picture doesn't show the exquisite fit only because they are ankle socks which would mean you'd have to see my hairy legs. (I haven't shaved in like, oh.... weeks... and don't go "Ew!" because I have good reason. I have sensitive, dry skin that irritates easily and it's now winter.) But take my word for it: these socks are perfect! I put every bit of knitting effort into them, even breaking a needle and precariously having to fix dropped stitches because of it.

The socks are made with Katia Mississippi yarn in the Khaki/Citrus colorway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I haven't washed them yet, but they are a cotton/acrylic blend that is machine wash and dryable. The first pair of socks I made that the DH wears as slipper socks went through the wash. Mind you, not of my doing... DH did a load of his laundry and machine washed and dried these wool socks. I was surprised to see that only the heel felted a bit. He says they shrunk a tiny bit, not enough to effect the fit.

Can you believe I have absolutely nothing on the needles right now??? I must get moving and get the needles in gear. I must take advantage of all the knitting time on school break!

Oh, and an animal update: Handsome has become a very brave boy. His Grammy won't like hearing this because she thinks we starve our 20 pound cat, but last night he was hungry enough to come down into Doggy Land and ask to be fed. Both the DH and I just about fell over when we heard a little meow while sitting on the couch and turned to see Mr. Kitty walking over to us. Not one ounce of fear as he casually sauntered over to us with his famous swagger. Fortunately for him, BBDS was already asleep as it was 10PM. And yes, Grammy, I went upstairs and fed him. His ribs are no longer poking out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eh, I never remember to shave my legs in the winter, either. It used to be because I wore jeans all the time anyway, so it didn't matter. I should probably get back in the habit, though, since I wear a skirt to work almost every day. (Ankle-length skirts, I'm not some sort of mini-skirted hairy-legged freak!)

I hope Christmas preparations are going well for everyone in the Bourgeouis home! :)