Friday, August 04, 2006

For those who like a challenge:


Listen up!

Do you feel like you are in a knitting slump? I've got a great idea! I challenge all knitters to create their own piece. It can be anything: a sweater, a scarf, a hat, a bag, a blanket, a toy... you name it. So long as you create it without a pattern.

AND

Not only can you be patternless, you must include a technique that you have never used before. So if you're a beginner it might be just simple increases and decreases or a new stitch pattern; if your an experienced knitter it could be enterlac or something very intricate.

My first self challenge is this scarf. It was the first time doing intarsia and crochet. See the pattern further down this page. I have left over yarn to make a matching hat. (Which I haven't done yet, as I am not sure what stitch pattern to use). I have another self challenge in the works, which I will post once I get it done.

So who's in?

6 comments:

Becka said...

I'm in...I actually did a piece last night. Sketched a picture of my husband's new guitar and graphed it on knitters graph paper and knit it up...back stitching the strings is what I've not done before.

Becka said...

Forgot to add....it's a small hand towel.

jb said...

Sounds fun

Anonymous said...

http://www.knittaplease.com/Home.html

Squawker Girl said...

Great! I am glad a got a few people here to join along. jb, what do you plan to do?

Anonymous said...

That scarf is so cool!! Great job. You'll have to show it to me in person!!